Friday, July 25, 2014

Down the Rabbit Hole - Off the Wall Friday

I'm Grumpy.  How often does that happen??. . NEVER.  Needless to say  - I'm Grumpy.  The week hasn't gone my way - and now that its Thursday - its getting on my last nerve.






First of all - I had a wake up call this week from Elizabeth that I - like Alice - had taken a trip down a rabbit hole.  And she was right - as usual.  I handed in one sketch of what I wanted my homework piece to look like and ended up blocking out a whole other one.  Now that wouldn't be such a bad thing - if it was stronger - but it wasn't  - sighhhhh.  I mention this because lots of times when a piece goes wrong its because we strayed too far from the original sketch and values.





This is NOT the sketch

Then I spent today going to a doctor's appointment which was cancelled . . . after I made the 45 minute trip there.  The rest of the day was spent basting my curves piece which is my least favorite part of the whole process.  Of course, the sandwich is a bit off - so it will have to be done again. Ohhh and yeah - the piece is too big for my work table - so I'm doing it on the floor.



So I'm grumpy.  But I won't wallow too long - I promise!  I'm going to remind myself that all my best pieces were the most work.  That eventually the doctor will get his act together  and get my appointment right.  And the only thing I have to do to fix my homework is follow my sketch - grin - go figure!

So hopefully your week is going better!

What have you been up to Creatively?

8 comments:

Afton Warrick said...

I hope things start to look up for you.

Jenny K. Lyon said...

But you still have your sense of humor and some great basting help! I too lost my way-guess that's why critiques are so useful. But your fix is going to be easy-your sketch and your idea were great!

Shirlee Fassell said...

Sure things will look up! Thanks for the great links!

Sylvia said...

I hate days like that!Every stupid little thing goes wrong. Hope today is a better day.

Lisa Chin said...

I hate when that happens! Things will be better soon!

Christine Staver said...

Hey I understand being grumpy. I am feeling that way myself. I think more than having to deal with July's quilt for you is the having to redo the pin basting (even with the wonderful help!) I never baste on the floor since it would be hard to get back up. I always use my table even for quilts that are bigger than the table.

Teresa Duryea Wong said...

I have those times quite often. Hard to get over grumpiness too... Hang in there. Tomorrow is a new day. Take care.

Terry Aske Art Quilts said...

I love your grumpy cat photo! Hope you feel better soon.