Friday, March 1, 2013

Studio Pegboard for Off the Wall Friday


What a busy week!  Where did February go??  I'm happy to report that my studio is really taking shape.  I managed to get two coats of Ultra White on the mauve walls - thanks to Paul doing the trim.  Not to mention, he and I finalized the flow of the studio.  Now just to execute it!


Today, I painted my pegboard. Over the last couple of weeks, I've been thinking of how I wanted the design to go.  I've seen a lot of nice ones on the web, but I wanted something uniquely mine.  So, I went to Lowe's looking at paint swatches.  There I found that they are packaging  8 oz samples of their paint colors and selling them for $1.50 each.  So I picked my two favorite colors - lime and teal (in their muted form) for a mere $3.    I also grabbed a roll of orange electrical tape as the accent color.  (You know I can't remember where I got the idea of electrical tape but I bet it was on pinterest).

For once, I didn't plan it the board. . . .  it just evolved.  What I like about it is that it has a clean updated look but its in total contrast with the Victorian feel of the room.  Plus when I get sick of it - I can just peel off the tape and repaint the board.  Cool huh?!  Ohhh and yeah there is still plenty of paint left for other projects in the room.

Paul shows me how its suppose to attach

Plus we started the monster design board today.  8 ft by 12 ft Monster big!  I originally was going to cover it with an inexpensive blanket - only to find that they don't make cheapie blankets any more.  They're all made out of microfiber fleece or are heated or are super plush.  Sigggghhhhh - so I settled on a nice felt.  Paul made me frames for the 8 ft by 4 ft sheets of 1/2" insulation board.  I stapled the felt over the insulation to the frame below.  Now he just has to figure out how to attach the wall.

And yes - finished another block of the sign quilt and started another.  I promise  - I'll show you them soon!

So what have you been up creatively???

11 comments:

Kay Koeper Sorensen said...

This is going to be an awesome studio! Very creative pegboard!

Anonymous said...

Wow, that design wall is monster big...I am green with envy. Looks like you are having fun with it already. Enjoy your weekend.

Margarita Korioth said...

You will have a wonderful design wall :)

Cheryl in Friendsville said...

I'm impressed with all you are getting done in your new studio. It's going to be marvelous when you get it done.

Gari in AL said...

I think you are to the fun part of creating your new studio. I really wanted peg board, too, but I don't have walls. I either have windows or shelving, neither of which I am willing to give up. Well, maybe I will give up one shelf....need to think.

Margaret said...

Fancy peg-board! Mine is plain brown...and there's no frame around my design wall...Maybe I need to spiff things up?!

Christina Fairley Erickson said...

My husband has always talked about how in his business (aerospace), they have outlines for all the tools up on their pegboards, so the tools get put back right away in the proper place. I've always that that a pegboard would be a handy, although I don't know that I want to give up wall space for it. I love the design wall idea too... the fleece tacked onto my wall isn't large or sturdy enough at times. Thanks for the ideas and your projects are always a delight!

Anonymous said...

You have a great space to expand into. What fun! I love seeing the progress.

SewCalGal said...

That is a massive peg board, but going to be so wonderful to have all that space to organize things. I want one!!!

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

annette said...

I can't wait! A proper artist you will be with a proper space.

Raghav Chaudhary said...

Great job, I love that you painted it the same color as your wall. so smart!


Garage Organizer Ideas